...depicting the adventures [ and misadventures ] of me and my detailing sessions. Also as a space for me to show the cars I've done and to promote my personal detailing services as well.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Updates!

Stupid keyboard. I typed a long post and accidentally deleted everything.

Sorry for it's been a while since I've updated this blog. I've been busy detailing nice cars over at the customer's houses, but sadly, I cannot post the pic etc because the owners specifically asked me not to. Well, since they paid me quite a good premium for doing their cars at their homes, with lots of drinks and yummy food, I can't complain, can I?

I was asked by one of my newer batch of customers on waxes / sealants. It's basically :
- Depending on the polishing work done prior to wax / sealant application. This is because only a nicely polished paintwork will look it's best.
- Durability of wax / sealant used depends on so much. Driven daily, driven sedately, driven hard, parked outside, garaged, washed often, and so forth.

The problem that we Malaysian's are facing is that, since Malaysia is a high humidity country, with extremely hot sun in the afternoon, and then a thunderstorm later at night, making the durabilty of waxes / sealants used to become short, between 4 weeks, to a maximum of 2 months plus. :(

Which brings us to : It's always a good idea, especially during the 1st detailing, to let the detailer inspect the exterior. Then let him know all those details about the car [ as stated above ], so that, he'll know what products to use, what tools to use, and can recommend you on when to wash the car, when to send the car for re - waxing / sealant, and when to send the car back for a full job.

No comments: