...depicting the adventures [ and misadventures ] of me and my detailing sessions. Also as a space for me to show the cars I've done and to promote my personal detailing services as well.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Honda Civic EK3

My latest detail, an original JDM [ Japanese Domestic Market ] EK3.

Owner is a good friend of mine who runs a Honda - focused spare parts, 2nd hand parts, workshop and ECU tuning shop. We've been trying to find the right time to do his car, as he uses his car as a test bed [ therefore he's always stripping out parts + fitting new parts every now and then ].

He had the car washed prior to my arrival. My steps are as follows :

- claying with Meguiar's clay and Meguiar's Quik Detailer, and buff off QD with Meguiar's Supreme Shine microfibre cloth

- reducing / removing certain scratches by hand with Meguiar's Scratch X and Meguiar's soft foam pads, removed residue with Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe microfibre cloth

- polish with Meguiar's range of Professional polish, Meguiar's polishing foam pads and Bosch GEX 270 AE dual orbiting polishing machine

- polish residue buffed off with Meguiar's Supreme Shine microfibre cloth

- applied Meguiar's M16 Mirror Glaze Carnauba Wax, and buffed with Meguiar's Supreme Shine microfibre cloth.

I didn't detail his wheels and tyres, as a couple of weeks ago, I have thoroughly washed, cleaned, removed brake pad residue and tar from all four wheels, plus scrubbed and shined the tyres, and sealed all four wheels inside out with Meguiar's M16 Mirror Glaze Carnauba Wax, and the rims + tyres were kept in storage until yesterday.

I didn't had the time to take as many pictures as I've wanted, as I was pushed for time.





Sorry as the pics look a bit dark. I started work around almost 10.00 p.m and finished buffing the M16 around 4.30 a.m in the wee hours of the morning. A couple of non - flashed pictures look a little bit out, as my hands was shaking from tiredness. I really want to re - visit my friend again soon, to take some pictures of the car during the day. Should be able to capture better reflection shots! We'll see.

No comments: