...depicting the adventures [ and misadventures ] of me and my detailing sessions. Also as a space for me to show the cars I've done and to promote my personal detailing services as well.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Toyota Altis Arctic Silver

Latest detail, a Toyota Corolla Altis, colour was Arctic Silver. I never met the owner before, the morning he sent his car to me was the 1st time I met him. He was actually a referral, from another customer, who happens to be his office mate too. Owner asks for a full complete detail : engine bay, interior and exterior.

After looking at his car, I thought the engine bay wouldn't be too bad. But what a shock I had when I popped the bonnet open. It was very muddy [ owner drove "balik kampung" at Terengganu a couple of days ago ] indeed.

Steps taken :
- cover any exposed wiring and fuses with aluminium foil
- rinse engine bay with lots and lots of flowing water to shed as mud [ took me about 20 mins of rinsing alone! ]
- liberal amounts of Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner to muddy /dirty / greasy areas of the engine bay and under the bonnet, left for about 15 seconds and then scrubbed lightly
- rinsed the whole engine bay again, and checking for missed spots, or other spots that needs 2nd scrubbing
- after the whole engine bay was done, I dried 'em up and applied Meguiar's All Season Dressing lightly which was buffed thoroughly to ensure that all the plastic parts look plastic and not shiny
- rinsed all wheel wells, tyres and rims. Wheel wells get sprayed with lots of Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner, left for about 15 seconds, scrubbed and rinsed. I had to do each wheel well three times as it was quite muddy too. I also had to scrub the wheels with Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner, with my hands as my wheel brush cannot reach to the end of the wheels. I may have to find a soluton for this problem, as my fingers, palm and back of palm burns a bit. Wheels get scrubbed with Meguiar's Soft Wheel Brush, tyres too
- rinsed the whole car, and washed with Meguiar's NXT wash soap solution
- dried the whole car, and clayed the whole car, plus all lights, spotlights and all windows [ plus the side mirror too ] with Meguair's clay and Quik Detailer spray as lubricant
- washed the whole car again, and dried thoroughly
- taped any areas that needed taping
- polished with Meguiar's Pro range of polish with the help of Bosch GEX 270 AE and lots of Meguiar's foam pads. Each panel gets about three runs of machine polishing
- applied two layers of my favourite wax, Meguiar's M16 Mirror Glaze Carnauba Wax on the whole car. Wheels too!
- all plastic / vinyl parts get cleaned with Meguiar's M39 Plastic and Vinyl Cleaner, and buffed dry
- all plastic / vinyl parts get dressed with Meguiar's All Season Dressing
- interior is fully vacuumed, all vinyl and plastic interior parts get cleaned with Meguiar's M39 Plastic and Vinyl Cleaner, and dressed with very thin and fully buffed Meguiar's All Season Dressing to avoid it from looking shiny
- all leather trim / seats is cleaned and conditioned with Turtle Wax Platinum Leather Cleaner and Conditioner [ still under testing ]
- glass, interior and exterior is cleaned with Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer [ still under testing ]
- and the final touch, tyres are dressed with Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss

Forgive me for I didn't take plenty of shots, as I was too tired and pushing for time... :(













No comments: