...depicting the adventures [ and misadventures ] of me and my detailing sessions. Also as a space for me to show the cars I've done and to promote my personal detailing services as well.

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Customer No. 1 : Full Detail Session No. 2 [ Part Five ]


Words cannot describe how happy I am now to see the final outcome of my work. The car do look a bit "wet", especially at the front fender area. I didn't had the time take a pic in the sun, becasue by the time I was done, the sun was not blastin' 100% like in the afternoon ( the afternoon was so hot, I finished up 5 cans of 100 Plus! ), and the owner left as soon as he arrived. He left me his JDM EF VTEC road rocket ( it is a rocket! I've driven the car at full chat, and boy, was it fast! ) for a wash ( alas, no full detail for his 2nd car, well, not yet! ).
Work done ( Day One ) :

- Wash ( with MG's pH - balanced washing solution )
- Dry ( with MG's MF Super Suede and MG's Water Magnet )
- Clay ( with MG's Smooth Surface clay kit )
- Wash again.
- Dried again.
- Reduce the apperance of glaring scratches ( with MG's Scratch X and MG's UW MF )
- Remove bird droppings and tar ( with MG's Bug & Tar Remover and MG's UW MF )
- Applied tyre dressing ( with MG's grapey - smelling tyre dresser with a MG foam applicator pad )
- Applied wax on rims ( with MG's NXT Paste Wax, via a MG foam applicator pad )
- Buffed wax on rims ( with MG's UW MF )
Time spent : three hours.

Work done ( Day Two ) :
- cleaned up the car ( with MG's Quick Detailer, assisted with MG's MF applicator pad and wiped off with MG's SS MF )
- taped the whole car ( with Scotch's Painter's Tape )
- polished the whole car ( via machine, Bosch GEX - 270AE assisted with MG's polishing pad and MG #80 )
- buffed off all remaining cleaner / polish ( with MG's SS MF )
- applied wax ( MG's NXT Paste Wax, via MG's foam applicator pad )
- buffed off wax ( with MG's UW MF )
- applied 2nd layer of wax, and finally
- buffed off wax.
Time spent : about 4 hours 30 minutes.

Total time spent : about 7 hours 30 minutes.

3 comments:

whistler said...

Just discover you blog, nice work on the customer No.1's BMW. The reflection was amazing.

Btw, I notice the wax is apply with hand, any reason not to wax is with the Bosch machine?

A Yasir said...

Whistler,

Thanks for reading up my blog, and also for the kind words.

I applied the wax by hand because NXT's Paste Wax is not easy to apply via the machine. I will soon upgrade from NXT Paste Wax to a M21, by then I'll use the machine to apply the wax. Thanks again!

A Yasir said...

Whistler,

Thanks for reading up my blog, and also for the kind words.

I applied the wax by hand because NXT's Paste Wax is not easy to apply via the machine. I will soon upgrade from NXT Paste Wax to a M21, by then I'll use the machine to apply the wax. Thanks again!