...depicting the adventures [ and misadventures ] of me and my detailing sessions. Also as a space for me to show the cars I've done and to promote my personal detailing services as well.

Friday, February 2, 2007

Customer No. 3 : Silver BMW 3 Series E46

I am sorry to say that, I did not manage to take the " before " pictures of my 3rd customer, as I was running short of time that day.

The car came in with only slight film of dirt all around the car, but on the front bonnet, there was a really think black film clinging onto it! I was told by the customer that his office is situated at Putrajaya / Cyberjaya area, and the car does a minimum of 60 km's per day.

There was some paint chips on the front M3-esque front bumper, and on the front bonnet as well. I proceeded to wash the car, clay, wash it again and drying. I went on to reduce all the glaring scratches around the car 1st, and after that, went on to the front bonnet. And the real challenge begins...

After almost 30 minutes applying paint cleaner solution on the front bonnet, only about 30% of the black film went off! I was like...what the? Looks like I had to double the work just for the front bonnet alone. After about 1 1/2 hours, I finally managed to properly clean the front bonnet. Result : One of my foam applicator pads was ruined ( yes, ruined!!! ) and my whitish MG's Ultimate Wipe MF became black, on both sides!

I proceeded to clean the rest of the car, and immediately went on to polishing the whole car. Finally, 2 coats of the infamous NXT Paste Wax was applied, and I gave about 30 minutes in between each layer of wax.

I managed to finish up the work right about 7.30 p.m, and it was already dark. Here's the best two pictures of the car.....



Check out the reflection on the left of the car! And this is a silver car, and the pic was taken at night! Marvelous!

If you look carefully, you can see the reflection of the light AND the corrugated roofing around the light as well. Nice eh?

No comments: